Migrating from Fedora Art Team to Fedora Design Team

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:11:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 12:24 -0700, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> As discussed some time ago [1], we are going to rebrand ourselves as
>  the Fedora Design team rather than the Fedora Art team, both in hopes
>  of attracting more UX designers, and also since it's a more accurate
>  representation of the team so folks needing help with UI design will
>  know where to go. Well, for roundabout reasons (getting fed up with
>  our limited ability to collaborate on files, more later in this email)
>  I finally got around to starting this process.

Cool.

> MAILING LIST
>  from the old art list. I am not sure if there is a better approach.
>  What do you think? I can also try to have a redirect put into place so
>  mails to fedora-art-list at redhat.com are forwarded to
>  design-team at lists.fedoraproject.org. Additionally, I plan to add some
>  information on the old fedora-art-list list info page to redirect
>  users to the design-team list info page.

Hrm, is there any point in subscribing myself, or should I just wait
until you transfer my subscription?

> WIKI PAGE
> =========
>
> I started a new wiki page under /Design a long time ago, but we'll have
>  to populate it with details about our team and such. It's pretty bare
>  right now:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design
Yeah, it is pretty bare... XD Great oportunity to clean the front page a
little ;-)

> IRC CHANNEL
> ============
>
> We've had #fedora-design open for a while in freenode, but only a few
>  of us have been in there, please join us in there if you like!
I've been there a few times, but since most conversations seem to happen
on #fedora-art... Well, at least I have it in my favourited rooms in
empathy.

> SHARED FILE STORAGE
>
> Seth Vidal set up a shared directory for us on fedorapeople.org:
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/

<snip>
Whoa, this one is probably the best of all the changes :-)

Just our of curiosity: what is our disk quota there?