Some runuser problems

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Apr 19 15:12:51 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote :

> > Now, I've added this to my "fedora-2-i386" file :
> >
> > config['fedora-2-i386-core'] = {'runuser': '/bin/su'}
> >
> > But it seems that it's not taken into account, and I really don't
> > understand why. If I change the main runuser definition in /usr/bin/mach
> > to /bin/su, then all works fine. I'm really puzzled on that one, and am
> > wondering what I could be doing wrong. Any ideas?
> >

> Thomas might disagree but I think all the autoconf stuff in mach is
> overkill. It doesn't serve much purpose b/c the default use case is what
> should be the default.
>
> try setting that config in your /etc/mach/conf file.

When I set any of these two in /etc/mach/conf it works as expected :

config['runuser'] = '/bin/su'
config['runuser'] = '/sbin/runuser'

Next test, this line :

config['fedora-2-i386-core'] = { 'runuser': '/sbin/runuser' }

When it's in my ~/.machrc the build fails as expected (since /bin/su is my
value in /usr/bin/mach and the expected value for FC2 to work), but when
it's in /etc/mach/dist.d/fedora-2-i386 instead, the build works.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.93 1.08 1.14