Suitable host for i386/x86_64 builds

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 27 18:25:39 UTC 2005

So I'm watching and tracking this buildsys development for use with
Fedora Legacy.  I'm curious as to if we're in a state that we might be
able to start building 32bit and 64bit packages for FC1/FC2 and pure
32bit packages for RHL 7.3/9.  If so, what base OS is a good target for
this build system?  I would prefer something of Enterprise flavor, like
CentOS4 so that I don't have to upgrade the base OS in a few years to
keep up w/ security stuff (like when Legacy stops supporting a release).

Was I helpful?  Let others know: