mock and fc5/fe5 and comps pain

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 21:37:55 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> two questions:
>  1. what does giving this option buy us? Other than more code to
> maintain, I mean.

It seems like a reasonable config option to me, and it's hardly much
more code to maintain. It would make it somewhat easier for someone to
rapidly adjust their buildroot config while tinkering with builds.

>  2. why wouldn't you just go on using the older mock?

I could, or I could run a patched mock, although I had hoped to use what
the community is using.

Look, I don't seem to be winning anyone ever here. I think I'll just
deal with the fallout of the proposed change. Ultimately, staying in
tune with the rest of the mock community is more important to me than my
previously stated objections.