mock --target question

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Jul 16 16:01:42 UTC 2005

Seth,

When mock builds an SRPM with "rpmbuild -ba --target %s" where %s is
config_opts['target_arch'], that arch will always be "i386" or "x86_64" since it
comes directly from the mock config file.

So how does the build system build i486, i586, i686 packages then with mock?  If
the build system wants to have mock build an i586 package, the builder has to
choose the "fedora-5-i386-core.cfg" mock config, which has target_arch == i386,
which gets passed to rpmbuild's --target argument.  So how would an i586 package
ever come out of mock unless it specified ExclusiveArch: i586?

Do we need to have another mock argument for --arch or am I missing some
rpmbuild magic here?

Dan