build system glue scripts and requirements

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Mar 25 14:56:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, seth vidal wrote:

<snip>

> Disadvantages:
>  1. might be overstating the functionality available in the xml-rpc
>     interface to bugzilla

The xml-rpc functionality doesn't really need to be too complicated, I
don't think.  It's basically just:

* An interface to create a bug according to some "build request form".
Simple "new bug" function, got it.

* An interface to walk through a set of bugs and pull interesting fields.
Got it.

* An interface to add comments to existing bugs.  Got it.

And what we don't got, dkl can create, if it's sensible.

>  2. Users cannot directly kick off builds, they have to wait (waaaaaaah)
>  3. Dealing with Embargo'd builds - gonna be a pain no matter what
>  4. Ordering of builds based on dependency

How do you do this now?  Is it trial and error, or do you have a heuristic
that works?

>  5. package tracking system does not yet exist.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan
      Red Hat Summit ] [
         New Orleans ] [ Learn. Network. Experience Open Source.
     June 1/2/3 2005 ] [ (And Make Your Boss Pay For It.)
                       [ http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/