mock buildroot definitions

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Apr 4 09:12:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 10:05 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey,
>  So it was brought up a while ago that due to the changing nature of the
> comps.xml format that we should not rely on it for the buildroot
> installations in mock. The idea a while back was to just have a
> 'buildroot' rpm that required all the stuff that would normally be in
> the comps.xml group. Then we could just install that rpm and it pulls in
> the rest of the buildroot components.

I think it's wrong to pollute the rpm collection with an rpm that only
ever is useful for one specific program.  In the past people have
already objected to more generally useful umbrella packages, and those
at least served an end user purpose.

This probably won't come as a surprise, but I think that a build tool's
idea of what it needs to pull in should be maintained in the build tool,
and not outside of it.  It's not like it's hard work :)

Thomas