mock buildroot definitions

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Apr 4 17:05:06 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Clark Williams <williams at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand your objection.  I don't believe you'd see
> these rpms in general circulation (I would guess they would be
> delivered as a component of the mock package, right Seth?). The only
> place they'd be installed is a chroot that is being managed by mock.
> The only purpose behind them would be to provide BuildDeps to tell rpm
> what needs to be installed in the chroot.  If I understand the basic
> idea, the RPM would be the only thing mock/yum/rpm would be told to
> install, then the builddeps from the rpm would cause the chroot to be
> populated.

Yah.  I'd expect these rpms would live in the builders-only repo that
currently holds the buildgroups definitions.  I can't imagine they'd
ever want to be in a more general use repos.

Thinking about this too, the upgrade path is nice, as I don't believe
there's anything that would require dropping buildgroups support as we
go forward and implement this.

                                            -Chris