example of buildsys rpm

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Apr 4 22:05:17 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Clark Williams <williams at redhat.com> wrote:
> It generates a small binary RPM (and an SRPM) that contains one file,
> buildsys-minimal.spec and requires all the listed packages. I
> originally had BuildRequires and then changed to Requires, just
> because it's easy to query the resulting binary RPM for requires. I
> suspect to be totally correct we would need to go back to BuildRequires.
>
> Anyway, that's what I thought Seth was talking about with his RPM
> idea. What do you think?

Looks right by me.  Not sure it needs to include itself, but why not
:)  Requires is probably better than BuildRequires, as BuildRequires
only means "packages needed to build this rpm" vs Requires' "packages
needed to install this rpm", and I don't believe would would actually
pull them in when installed.

                               -Chris