example of buildsys rpm

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Apr 5 21:23:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 13:22 -0500, Clark Williams wrote:

> >2) What's the purpose of installing the spec file in the chroot? I'm
> >afraid I don't see the point. You'll never need it there. If you want
> >to see what the requires were that got installed, you could do a "rpm -
> >qRp buildsys-minimal.*.rpm"
> >
> Yeah, I had never created an RPM with an empty %files section, so I
> thought I needed something to go there. Silly me.
>
> Attached is a new specfile that creates three binary RPMs:
> buildsys-base, buildsys-minimal, and buildsys-build. This one doesn't
> include the specfile as payload and is somewhat cleaned up.

I'm just wondering... why does mock need three different sets of
packages? I can see mach wants that because it's more than just a "build
this package in a chroot for me" but in case of mock, wouldn't simply
one set of minimal build requirements be enough?

/me must be missing something :)

Oh btw, Debian has had something similar for ages, only the meta-package
is called "build-essential" there.

	- Panu -