Mock going forward

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Aug 16 18:08:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 13:59, Clark Williams wrote:
> Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks and I'd like to
> learn what the mechanism is for implementing it. Is implementation
> merely telling Jeremy or Jesse what branch to pull from? Or do we have
> to do more?

In other projects, upstream picks a time to make a 'release' of a tarball.
Then downstream distros, like Fedora, would decide when to consume that
tarball and push it out to their users.

Personally I'd like to see 0.6 be The Shipped mock for FC6.  Once we start
development toward FC7 (when we branch all packages for FC-6 / FE-6), we can
then look at either packaging a cvs snapshot of HEAD, or the mock upstream
could pick a time to make a "0.7" release.  Downstream, Extras, I would
package either the snapshot or the 0.7 release into development and our happy
rawhide users would get to beat up on it.  Hopefully we'd be able to reach
some sort of stability with the feature set of 0.7 by the time FC7Test2 or
FC7Test3 is ready to ship, and 0.7 could be "The Mock" for FC7  (neat that
the numbers line up...)

Soon we should figure out what feature set we would want to be happy with for
the magical 1.0 release of mock, and shoot for a timeline.  Then the fun
starts (: