sparc weirdness

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Aug 18 19:05:11 UTC 2006

On Friday 18 August 2006 14:48, Clark Williams wrote:
> If I'm correct here, the problem is that you need both 32-bit and 64-bit
> glibc's in the same chroot to build gcc for a sparc. I looked on a
> x86_64 FC5 system and it has two glibc-2.4-8 packages, but if you list
> them both, one is the 64 bit version and the other is the 32-bit
> version. This implies to me that they were both "installed" as opposed
> to "updated". I can't really see an easy way to force mock/yum to do
> this, so I think the only way will be multiple invocations of mock and
> rpm. Something like:

We handle this at Red Hat by having a file buildrequirement on a file that is
provided by the 32bit glibc, as well as a buildrequirement on just glibc.
This way no matter what arch you're on, you'll get the 32bit glibc.  Now, at
Red Hat we had to create a fake 'glibc32' package that is built x86_64 so
that it is available in the x86_64 repo.  Perhaps you can do the same for
sparc?