mock BZ #215321

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 19 19:59:19 UTC 2006

On Dec 19, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Clark Williams wrote:

> Total download size: 103 M
> warning: mktemp-1.5-23.2.2: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> 897da07a
> warning: rpmdevtools-5.3-1.fc6: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> 1ac70ce6
> error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/__db.000
> <snip>
>
> I'm having trouble seeing where this is a mock versus a yum bug. At
> the
> point of the failure, we're running yum and we've passed in
> - --installroot= on the command line. Not sure what else mock can do.

Hi Clark, I remember this problem a while back although when it
happened for me, the problem was that mock was not creating the /var/
lib/rpm/ directory inside the chroot (actually due to a change in the
RPM rpm).  This was patched in CVS, although I'm not sure it's been
pushed out in any updates.  Can you verify that this is trying to
create files in /var/lib/rpm and not <chroot>/var/lib/rpm?

-Jeff