adding packages to mock chroot

David Smith dsmith at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 22:14:25 UTC 2006

When you create a mock chroot, all the packages you want to install in
it need to be available from a yum repostory.  I've got the situation
where I'm trying to bootstrap a bit, so, I'd like to be able to:

- build a chroot
- build a small set of packages
- add those packages to the chroot to be used by future builds

Off the top of my head, possibilities include:

(1) creating a base chroot, building the rpms, add the new packages to a
yum repo, creating a second chroot that contains the new packages

(2) creating the base chroot, building the rpms, editing the
buildroots.xml file and adding in the new packages, updating the yum
repo, then run "mock init" again (hoping that the new packages would get
added to the chroot)

Are there better ways of doing this?

Thanks.

--