mock and fc5/fe5 and comps pain

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Jan 5 15:06:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Then mock has to grow how to parse a comps file.  And which format
> should be preferred?  If we were to go that route, we're better off just
> putting a list of packages in the mock config file, but that's just
> painful from a maintenance perspective, IMHO

That's what mach does, and I never saw it as a problem.  There's no
maintenance to be done - you give it a list of packages it needs to have
installed for the "build" target and if the rpm dependencies are mapped
ok it just works.  This is one of the first changes Seth made when
forking to mock IIRC.

Thomas

her warm white belly
in the life I'd lived