Running rpmlint within mock

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Jul 16 15:25:17 UTC 2006

CW> Just so you know, I have a version of mock that takes a --rpmlint
CW> command line option which will add rpmlint to the chroot
CW> transaction set, install it in the chroot and then run rpmlint on
CW> the generated SRPM and RPMs, putting the output in an rpmlint.log
CW> results file.

Ah, very very cool.  One important thing, and the whole reason for
actually doing this, is that in addition to the SRPM and RPMs, you
need to run rpmlint in the chroot on the package name itself.  For
example, build the aplus-fsf package under review.  rpmlint will find
nothing real to complain about with the SRPM or binary RPMs, but if
you run "rpmlint aplus-fsf" in the chroot with that package installed
you get 3800 warnings.

 - J<