New version of mock working (I think)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Jun 24 15:26:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 13:40 -0500, Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com wrote:
> Any chance we could get a better defined method of mock<->plague
> communication? Parsing output is bound to be fragile and hard to
> maintain.

Yup.  Quite right.  And I've had problems in the past with the reads of
the file blocking (since you evidently can't do NONBLOCK on filesystem
file sockets or something either?) and hanging the plague-builder
process until more data gets written to the file.  So as a quick hack
plague-builder will only read & match the first 4 characters of the
status string anyway.

I'd rather not read the status file either.  Any ideas that don't suck
would be greatly appreciated.

Dan