New version of mock working (I think)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jun 26 19:58:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 15:55 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Just for 2cents, I'd like to make sure we don't forget the other use
> cases of mock:
>
> 1. in brew
> 2. standalone with just a person in front of a terminal

I suppose I should add a #3 here.

In Red Hat land we use mock to run commands in a chroot.  Examples would
be buildinstall from anaconda, pkgorder from anaconda, createrepo,
repoview, things of this nature that should be ran in an environment it
is trying to build and in some cases on a particular arch it is trying
to build.

This is IMHO outside the original scope of Mock, and it is something
we're just making use of as it is convenient to use the same code paths
for generating a chroot, installing a package set into said chroot, and
doing something inside that chroot.  In our case that something isn't
building a package, its doing something else.