New version of mock working (I think)

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jun 26 19:57:28 UTC 2006

> > 2. We need to hear from Dan as to whether the likes the
> idea. My guess
> > is he will since plague already has XML-RPC elements.

Yes, feedback from Dan would be good. My initial thoughts are that a
client implementation would be best at this point, due to the security
implications of a server. Something where we call a server API provided
by plague like:
	server.begin_mock_status( "my.src.rpm", MY_PID)
	server.set_mock_status( "my.src.rpm", "status_string", MY_PID)
	server.end_mock_status( "my.src.rpm", return_code, MY_PID)

> > Clark "Back in my day we didn't need fancy XML-RPCs!  We had DCE!"
> > Williams
>
> Just for 2cents, I'd like to make sure we don't forget the
> other use cases of mock:
>
> 1. in brew

I don't know what brew is. Link?

> 2. standalone with just a person in front of a terminal

Xmlrpc would be an optional behaviour, invoked via something like:
	mock -r CFG --status_server=http://localhost:8080/  my.src.rpm

Default behaviour would be no change.
--
Michael