New version of mock working (I think)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 15:09:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 10:12 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> I hate to throw water on the fire, but to me XML-RPC seems like a
> sledgehammer.  There's actually a ton of code in xmlrpclib.py and for
> this specific instance of pushing status information back to a
> controlling process, I think it's somewhat heavy-handed.

And I'll just pick this point in the thread to say that I agree with
dcbw here....   KISS goes a long way.  And while we can say that it's
configurable and you enable it if you want or don't if not -- that's
then two code paths for status to have to keep working and ensure we
don't break as well as maintaining them for some time

Jeremy