OT: using mock to build for SLES

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Mar 7 04:19:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:13:53PM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:13:14PM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > I've been looking at using mock to build srpms for Novell/SuSE SLES
> > product, rather than using their build.rpm script.  With one little
> > change to mock (below), seems to work pretty well.  opensuse-10.x is
> > still a little weird, but SLES9 x86 and x86_64 seem to be building
> > fine.
> >
> > Here's the mock patch to pass -m to useradd, and I'll follow up with
> > the buildroots.xml and mock cfg file example too.
>
> buildroots.xml

I'll note that the list of packages is quite large, but it's just the
list that the SuSE build.rpm package itself uses.  They do it a little
different: if you specify a BuildRequires, then you have to specify
*all* BuildRequires.  If you don't specify, then you get the list
below.  I prefer the fedora (debian equivalent) of the base set of
packages you don't have to specify in BuildRequires all the time, and
that's what I'm doing here.

Another strangeness: items from build-minimal and build-base aren't
necessarily being pulled in.  I had to move the rpm package out from
build-minimal to build in order for it to get installed; the other
items in build-minimal are getting pulled via the depsolver rather
than being explicitly installed into the chroot.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch