Mock - Anyway to override Obsoletes tag?

Andrew Rechenberg arechenberg at resurgent.com
Fri Nov 3 13:56:38 UTC 2006

Good morning,

I'm trying to use mock to build some Asterisk RPMs and mock is evidently
using an Obsoletes tag in opal(-devel) to override a BuildRequires I
have in my spec for openh323(-devel).

I've built openh323(-devel) for FC6 and I've created a local repo and
placed that local repo in the mock config for fedora-6-i386-core.cfg.
The mock yum finds my openh323 RPMs (I can see if find it in the
root.log) but I guess since opal contains an Obsoletes: openh323 tag
mock is installing opal instead of my openh323 RPM.  Obviously my build
fails because it can't find the openh323 files it needs to properly
build.

Is there anyway to override the Obsoletes tag?  Do I need to rebuild my
openh323 RPM with another tag inside it's SPEC file?

Please CC: me on any responses as I'm subscribed.

Thanks,
Andy.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient,
but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the
sender immediately.