pungi & minimal installation iso?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 14:33:57 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 09:28, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> I was wondering what exactly is needed in the comps.xml to create a
> minimal (fedora core 6) installation CD (the list of packages that are
> a absolute minimum to have)
>
> If I make an 'empty' list, pungi fails because the list is empty :)
> If if leave out anaconda-runtime, the building of the iso fails.
>
> Apparently anaconda-runtime pulls a lot of stuff into the iso (xorg
> for example).
>
> If I wanted to create an installation CD (with kickstart) that
> shouldn't have xorg "during" install, is this possible with the
> default anaconda packages? Or does this require customization (if at
> all possible?) Should I ask these questions on another mailinglist?

Currently you can't do this with pungi, due to the way that Anaconda works.  I
could make pungi use a different set of packages to do the buildinstall than
what it ships, but changes in Anaconda are coming so that you don't need all
the gui stuff at buildinstall time.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora