OpenSUSE Build Service?

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 15:30:57 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 18 November 2006 09:32, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> > The projects seem to solve similar problems.
>
> I think the major point here is that plague is open source, and all our
> rpms/srpms are freely available.  You can setup your own "Fedora" buildfarm
> to build your packages.  With OpenSuSE's buildstuff, can you get their build
> software?  Can you install it on your own systems, tweak it for your own
> needs?

Well, maybe I should have mentioned it, but that is exactly my point :
the OpenSuSe  Build Service is also open source (GPLv2) .

See also http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?opensuse for
access to the sources.

So basically, there are (at least) two opensource 'buildfarm' systems
that are being developed now. I know that there are probably a lot
differences between the SuSe and RedHat distributions, but it makes
sense to me to check if their build system and plague can benefit from
each other.
---
Jeroen Janssen