buildsys misconfigured

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Nov 28 22:01:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:39:31 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> > > i did exactly the same set of steps you posted
> > > FC-6]$ make build
> > > /usr/bin/plague-client build SDL_image SDL_image-1_2_5-3_fc6 fc6
> > > Package SDL_image enqueued.  Job ID: 22438.
> > >
> > > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=22438
> > >
> > > shows 22438: SDL_image-1.2.5-3.fc6  (building)
> > >
> > > and older job that failed
> > > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=22084
> > >
> > > shows 22084: linphone-1.5.1-1.fc6  (failed)
> > >
> > > the only thing i can think of  is that your common dir  is out of date.
> >
> > Eeek, why would you think that? Can you explain the theory behind that?
> > Where would the "fc7" come from if I had an old FC-6 checkout?
> >
> > Look closely at the command-line I've quoted. Here it is once more:
> >  | FC-6]$ make build
> >  | /usr/bin/plague-client build SDL_image SDL_image-1_2_5-2_fc6 fc6
> >
> > As you can see, the tag is "fc6", the target is "fc6", the branch
> > is FC-6.
> yes i clearly see that and it is wrong i don't know where the .fc7 came from.
> I did  a fresh checkout of SDL_image  and ran the exact same commands and got
> the expected result.  I could be way out in left field.  but the only thing i
> thought  was perhaps you had an old common tree that had FC-6 pointing at
> devel.  its a wild guess nothing more.  I was unable to see a pattern of it
> in the buildsys to know for sure

1) "FC-6" branch never points at "devel".

2) An old common/branches can have "devel" point at ".fc6" instead of ".fc7".

3) The plague-client command-line does NOT contain anything like "devel"
or "fc7". Only "fc6".

4) The buildsys was asked to build an fc6-tagged package for target fc6,
but built a fc7 src.rpm.

I'm out of here. If nobody has fixed it, it might come back.