mkisofs VolumeID 32 character limitation

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 16:07:57 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 12:06:19 Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Possible fix: make sure to snip off the label before creating the
> isoimage.  With the patch I'm trying to cut the id to an allowable
> size.  Although I *do* cut the original name and I don't know what the
> effects are in the installations.  I did run pungi and it ended with no
> errors.
> Comments: when the was shortened from the config file pungi executed
> successfully.  comments greatly appreciated.

I've been reluctant to fix this part of the code for a while.  I'm not really
sure what a good thing to do here is, truncation can be kind of ugly, but it
should have no effect upon the install, it'll just effect what the desktop
shows as the volume should you mount the CD.

Perhaps this is a good enough solution for now, to prevent strange failures.
I'll apply it soon, thanks.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora