feature request: mock --timeout

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Apr 16 12:50:15 UTC 2007

I'd like to make a feature request for mock: the ability for it to
determine a job has taken too long and kill it.  mock --timeout N (with N
in minutes) is the UI I'm picturing.

I've been doing these mass rebuilds for a while.  Every so often we'll
wind up with a package with the halting problem - it continues to run,
or not, but it doesn't ever finish building either.  Ever.  Several
days later, it's still going, but not making progress.

Sure, some jobs, like the kernel, openoffice, glibc, etc. can take a
good number of hours.  But even those don't run for days.  The latest
culprits was a few perl modules that ran for >2 days with no end in
sight.

Thanks,
Matt

--