pungi window frontend

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Apr 17 09:15:41 UTC 2007

Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Hi list:
>
> How about having a py-gtk based front end for pungi.  It would basically
> do two things : 1) manage the pungi config files (yum.conf.x86_64,
> manifest, pungi.conf...) and 2) call pungi with the selected data.
> This would be another package separate from pungi that depends on pungi
> and yum and other X stuff.  I think this would be really cool at least
> to create the package list.  The user would simply choose from a list of
> packages.  More or less like anaconda does it when you are installing
> the system.  The user can also specify other yum repositories and
> locate  comp.xml files....
> The Idea is to keep it simple but helpful so even more people can make
> there own spins.
>
> comments?
>
> PD: It would be called "snakecharmer"  or something.

Hi Joel,

Fedora Unity has this kind of tool in the making [1], it's beta release
being scheduled May 1st (this year).

If you feel like you have ideas, please take a look at our feature list
[2] and comment on our mailing list [3].

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

[1] Revisor Source Repository