Security issue: Can't build mediawiki - F7 thinks it's F8

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 6 15:06:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 10:54:53AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:49:13 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > OK, we got that far, but how will you support a new arch in the tree?
>
> Usually we rebuild the package to pick up the arch.

Which is something one can only do in a devel cycle, e.g. with the
current setup there will never be new archs for released Fedora cuts.

It's just something to think about whether this is wanted at all -
with the current Fedora release cycles it doesn't hurt to add a new
arch to devel only. But if koji is used for RHEL or other longer-cycle
products not being able to add an arch for a released product (or
having to rebuild everything for all other arches as well due to
artificial release bumps) could become an issue.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net