mock not processing /etc/profile.d/*, not a login shell?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Dec 3 18:32:39 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:28:43 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>> With recent versions of mock, (ie, mock-0.8 series), I've noticed change
>> in behavior, seemingly the mockbuild user doesn't include stuff
>> >from /etc/profile.d/* (my guess is that it's no longer being treated as
>> login shell).
>>
>> I mention this because bunch of kde-related packages that once built
>> fine, no longer do, because /etc/profile.d/qt.sh apparently isn't getting
>> source'd into the build environment (and env vars QTDIR, QTLIB, QTINCLUDE
>> aren't getting set properly).
>>
>> Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Or more precisely, is this mock's intended behavior?
If so, please reconsider. :)

> It would be a bug if it sourced files from /etc/profile.d/* automatically,
> because a normal rpmbuild does not do that either --

The user running rpmbuild logged in, and sourced things.  mockbuild used to
do the same (with 0.7), but now apparently doesn't.

> We have been doing
> it manually in %build for a very long time, especially for qt.sh

This is a hack to cater to the "I just installed pkg X after logging in, why
doesn't my local rpmbuild work?" croud.  That's all fine and dandy, but I'd
much rather not make manual source'ing of profile.d/ items a requirement to
make things "just work" in fedora's buildsys either.

-- Rex

-- Rex