SELinux error message and Anaconda dependencies

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Dec 5 19:09:20 UTC 2007

During installation of our minimal F8 system, we get:

/usr/sbin_load_policy: Can't load policy: No such file or directory

The installation works anyway, but this looks a little bit ugly. I presume
this is because no SELinux policy package has been included? Is it
possible to get rid of the message without adding (more) SELinux packages?

Speaking of unwanted packages: It's a bit sad that the anaconda-runtime
package needs to be included in the generated distribution. If it were not
for this package, the distribution could be shrinked substantially.
Currently, we are down at 411 packages and something like 800 MB. Ok, but
the build time is quite long. If anaconda-runtime wasn't necessary, we
could get rid of things like:

anaconda (14 MB)
anaconda-runtime (4 MB)
policycoreutils, checkpolicy (3.5 MB)
zenity (3 MB)
system-config-firewall, firstboot, system-config-keyboard (3 MB)
syslinux (1.5 MB)
genisoimage (1.3 MB)

...and so on. But I guess this is not possible?

There are some strange dependencies as well. For example,
fedora-gnome-theme is required by libgnome, and firstboot is required by
system-config-keyboard. Tricky, not what I expected.

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.se