Pathname-based buildreqs not working?

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Tue Dec 11 18:16:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:37:24AM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:13:38 -0600
> Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> wrote:
> > Can you look in the root.log for this resolvedep command and check out
> > what is going on?
> >
> > There isnt anything specifically in mock to disallow this. It should
> > work, afaict.
> >
> > Send a pastebin link to the root.log, if possible, or a URL to an SRPM
> > with this problem.
>
> Root log: http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/ntop-3.3-2.fc8.CF-root.log
>
> SRPM: http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/ntop-3.3-2.fc8.CF.src.rpm

Paul,
    First, you enabled yum debugging. How did you do that, in the yum
config file? This may throw off mock because atm mock parses stdout
from yum. (this isnt the case here, though, just pointing it out, also
want to know how you did it for my own debugging purposes later.

    Next:

$ yum resolvedep ccache mysql-devel pcre-devel groff gd-devel
net-snmp-devel pkgconfig openssl-devel automake lm_sensors-devel
rrdtool-devel >= 1.2.0 libtool /usr/include/tcpd.h /usr/include/pcap.h
autoconf gdbm-devel
No Package Found for 1.2.0
No Package Found for /usr/include/tcpd.h
No Package Found for /usr/include/pcap.h

I get the exact same error here on my F-8 box that you are getting. Yum
problem?

Need some input from yum folks.
--
Michael