Pathname-based buildreqs not working?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Dec 14 23:15:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:00:37 -0600
Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 11:08:02AM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Yesterday I noticed that mock/yum seem to be having trouble finding
> > pathname-based buildreqs.
> >
> > For example, buildreqs of /usr/include/tcpd.h
> > and /usr/include/pcap.h aren't getting found. I use these to
> > maintain spec compatibility across various releases, where these
> > files can be found in either tcp_wrappers or tcp_wrappers-devel, or
> > libpcap or libpcap-devel packages respectively.
> >
> > I've tried upgrading to mock 0.8.15 from CVS (F-8 branch) and it
> > hasn't helped.
> >
> > Is this intentional behaviour (not getting/reading the filelists
> > metadata) for speed purposes?
>
> Paul,
>     This should be fixed in latest mock git repo. This is an important
> fix and I'll be releasing it later this week (0.8.17/0.9.1). Thanks
> for reporting this and for your responsiveness in debugging it.
> Thanks also to the yum folks who helped debug as well.
> --

This doesn't seem to be completely fixed yet. I can't put my finger on
what makes it work or not but I seem to be able to build OK for Fedora
7/8/rawhide targets and CentOS5, but not older ones. I remade my Fedora
Core 6 metadata to create the filelists.sqlite file and then that
started working but the same trick doesn't seem to work with really old
stuff like RHL9. And I can't get CentOS4 builds going using the
metadata on the DVD (x86_64 at least, that's all I've tried).

Paul.