pungi ignores a lot of RPMs when building CD image

Remy Bohmer mythtv.bohmer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 16:36:12 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I got it! but, it is very strange... ;-))

I debugged the pkgorder script and found the following:
* At the routine 'processTransaction()' the complete lists of
dependencies is available, then it calls the routine
printMatchingPkgs() to print the packages to standard, after it has
checked that they are available.
* The filemask that is passed to printMatchingPkgs() through
'fpattern', is build up as follows: <os-dir>/Product/package*. Where
Product starts with a capital, but my product_name in the pungi
configuration does NOT star with a capital. So, the product-dir in the
os-dir does not start with a capital. So, no dependency files can be
found, leaving a os-disc1 with just a few files in it...

I searched through the entire tree several times, but nowhere I have
listed the productname with a capital, so this capital must be
introduced by the tooling itself ! (Fedora also starts with a
capital... Redhat also, and probably other distros using anaconda
also?)

So, to be able to build a customised CD, you must use a product_name
in Pungi that starts with a capital. I have changed this in my build
environment and now it works!

I believe the problem is introduced by collecting the dependencies in
the routine addGroups() -> ds.ResolveDeps() in the pkgorder script.

For me it is going to deep in the external tooling, which I do not
fully understand yet how they work. Maybe someone else recognises this
phenomenon and can pick it up from here?
Or if someone can give me some tips on this, I can look further into it...

Kind Regards,

Remy Bohmer