[pungi] flavor? and getsources

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 15:31:01 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 07:38, Essien Ita Essien wrote:
> What's the idea behind the 'flavor' configuration keyword in pungi
> (using lattest tip). On inspecition, It seems to be appended to the
> version number and used to create directory paths. I guess I just want
> to know the "why" behind it :), or more like, the domain equivalence...
> basically... what the heck is a flavor :)

With Fedora 7, we're introducing a targetted spin idea, that is a compose of
the packages for a particular target, like Desktop.  In order to signify what
target a given spin is for, I introduced the flavor argument, which as you
noted, will append the flavor to the path.  This way you can have the same
topdir but with many different flavors.  It is purely optional though, if no
flavor is specified, it will not be used.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora