pungi -P doesn't work Re: No such file or directory: u'/var/tmp/yum-root-O3By9L/anaconda/headers/ifd-egate-0.05-17.i386.hdr'

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 16:40:50 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:05:11 -0600 (MDT)
"William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209" <wacker at octothorp.org> wrote:

>       I wonder if this is better fixed in Anaconda.  I'm aware of the
> policy against updating Anaconda once a general release happens,
> although an updated Anaconda did appear in FC6 testing, but was never
> pushed to updates.  Now that we're being encouraged to spin our own
> releases, it seems to me that the policy should be revisited.

In reality, this is something that should have been in yum anyway,
basically ensure that the headers directory exists if yum is being
asked for headers.

As for updating anaconda, well, there are only so many work hours in
the day, and so much that we want to accomplish for the next release.
Spending time on re-releasing stuff for the current release just takes
time away from the next release.  Most anaconda issues can be worked
around in various ways so that an update won't be necessary.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora