pungi used to create CD that includes a kickstart file

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 12:57:52 UTC 2007

> If you wanted to include some custom kickstart files on the CD so that
> you could do something like:
>
> linux ks=cdrom:/kickstart/officeworker.cfg
>
> or:
>
> linux ks=cdrom:/kickstart/webfarmserver.cfg
>
> In cases like this, the files can't be packaged up in some RPM.

What pungi does with the fedora-release and fedora-release-note packages
is to rpm2cpio them into the tree.  So what is left at the end are files
not the rpms.  What is being said is for the use to make a rpm with
whatever files he/she wants to add and define the way to add them to the
tree with the relnotefilere, relnotedirre, relnotepkgs variables (AFAIK
these variables can be modified in the config file)
The point is that what is being added is not an rpm but what is
contained in the rpm (AFAIK).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

--
Joel Andres Granados