pungi used to create CD that includes a kickstart file

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 11:05:45 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 22:20:19 Martin Steinmann wrote:
> The following is a simple patch to pungi that allows adding a kickstart
> file as well as customize the files in the isolinux directory.
>
> The patch is against pungi-0.3.7-1.fc7
>
> Two new parameters are introduced to the pungi.conf file in the [default]
> section:
>
> kickstart = <path> allows specifying a path to a kickstart file that is
> copied into the root of the ISO isolinuxdir = <path> allows specifying a
> directory that contains files that should be copied into the isolinux
> directory. This can be used to add a new splash image or to modify the file
> isolinux.cfg to add the kickstart kernel parameter. Existing files are
> overwritten.

So I actually don't want to see a bunch of different methods created for the
simple task of getting files into the tree somehow.  It really shouldn't
matter what the files are, the same methodology should be used for all of
them.  KISS ya know?

> The patch includes two additional fixes:
>
> 1) The error printout _doRunCommand was extended to print the whole command

Hrm, the command is just a list, so by doing ' '.join(command) we get that
list space separated just like it would be ran.  Why would you change that?

> 2) There seems to be a bug in the composition of the mkisofs command.
> Quotation marks are missing around the volume ID (-V parameter)

Since the command isn't ran in a "shell" if you will, quotes are not needed,
and in fact if they are added you'll wind up with the quotes in your volume.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora