Build once, serve many

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 15 21:06:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

some packages are best build for all releases once only like for
example firmware, game data and other packages that you know will not
change from release to release.

Currently such operations are made manually and one needs to find the
right person to talk to. I think it would be more consistent if koji
and friends allowed one to tag a package as such. Perhaps koji's
tagging is alread enought to "hardlink" a package source and
binary-wise across releases?

If so, please enlighten me with the mechanism details, if not, please
consider this an RFE. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net