bodhi and security updates/updates-testing

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 22 07:11:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 08:33:16PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2007 18:21:58 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > And trac munges the back operation in the browser.
> >
> > Looks like the login timeouts are insanely short and trac has no
> > recovery mechanism for that.
>
> That's... odd.  how long does it take you to enter the ticket?

I typed in the ticket, then checked back with the email whether there
was anything else I forgot to write and when returning to the browser
I modified some text and pressed on Preview. Then Boom, no TRAC_CREATE
permissions and my ticket submission couldn't be recovered by going
back (nice wiping that tracs makes ...). Maybe I'm an infinitesimally
slow typer.

All in all the issue is not how fast can a ticket submitter type, but
whether there are proper recovery mechanisms for reauthetication and
whether the reauthetication intervall isn't paranoically short (we
don't have any reauthetication timeouts with bugzilla.redhat.com, and
that works well there). I've seen similar with mirrormanager, but
there the session recovers and continues smoothly after the
reauthetication, while trac didn't even try to reauthenticate and ate
my data.

Don't ask me to file that somewhere that will time out again ... ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net