automounter vs mock (shared-subtrees) was Re: Mock 0.8.x available

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Wed Nov 14 18:25:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 03:12:50PM -0800, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> >
> >Can you please try 0.8.7, which is the latest released version? Take
> >the
> >srpm and use mock on a F7/F8 machine to build an RPM for RHEL5 using
> >the
> >shipped config file. I'm not sure if I released 0.8.1 to fedora or
> >not...
>
> Yep, sorry for the noise, I didn't realize I was using an older
> version.  After rebuilding 0.8.7 for EL5, it mostly works, but I have
> noticed on bug so far.  In my configs, I have a mock repo defined
> using file:///some/path which is an NFS mounted directory (handled by
> automount).  Now, if that is not currently mounted and I run mock,
> then yum in mock gives an error that the repodata isn't found for that
> repo.  At that point I can run the 'mount' command, see that automount
> has mounted the directory, and then if I re-run mock it will complete
> the setup/build successfully.

This is because mock now clone()'s itself and creates a new namespace
before exe()-ing the mock.py code. Your automounter is not sharing the
new namespace that mock creates. You can fix this by running:

# mount --make-rshared /

You can put it in your /etc/rc.local.

I was not able to find out the syntax to put this into /etc/fstab, which
is where I think it goes.

--
Michael