A few Pungi questions

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Fri Nov 23 09:26:27 UTC 2007

>> * Why and when was %end introduced?
>
>python upgrade, at f7 you must not have it, in f8 python you need %end

F7 has Python 2.5.0 while F8 has Python 2.5.1. Is this what you are
referring to? This seems very strange to me.

Or are you perhaps referring to pykickstart?

I have yet another question: I've found out about the %ksappend. How is
this different from %include?

The lack of KS documentation is problematic. I've found
/usr/share/doc/pykickstart-1.19/kickstart-docs.txt, but it only contains
"Page AnacondaKickstart not found.". After some Googling, I found
http://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2007-September/msg00032.html
which refers to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AnacondaKickstart, which
doesn't exist any more. But
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart seems quite nice, and it
explains %end, although %ksappend is still not documented.

The page above says "The %packages section should be closed with %end,
though this is not yet required.". Is this true for F8?

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.se