Pungi doesn't implant Checksums in the rescue ISO.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Nov 27 18:29:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 22:29 -0700, William F. Acker WB2FLW
> +1-303-722-7209 wrote:
>>       I notice that in F7 and F8, there's no check sum in the primary volume
>> descriptor in the rescue ISO. I *think* that there used to be a check sum
>> in earlier releases.  In any case, shouldn't we have a way of verifying
>> the rescue disk in the event the SHA1SUM file isn't readily available?
>
> I don't think we've generally had it there in the rescue image.  But
> you're probably right that we should.

      Thanks.  BTW, there's no implanted check sum in the src stuff either.
Thanks for putting the check sum implanting stuff in /usr/bin when you
split the package.  It makes it useful for anyone wanting to use that
verification strategy with whatever ISOs they might create, music, video,
books or whatever.

--
           Bill in Denver