pungi used to create CD that includes a kickstart file

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 12:51:10 UTC 2007

Martin Steinmann wrote:
> This was discussed on this list before back in June and in relation to
> pungi 0.3.7 by Joel Andres Granados and others.
>

> Using pungi I would like to create a CD that includes a kickstart file
> (ks.cfg) to be used during installation of a system using this CD.
>

> Is there a way to tell pungi to put a ks.cfg file into the root of the
> CD?  I am using pungi-1.1.5-1.fc8 on F8-test3.
>

> What is the best way to modify the files in the isolinux directory?
> I.e. the file isolinux.cfg needs to be modified to use the ks.cfg file
> during boot. Should I create an RPM that overwrites these files already
> installed by the anaconda-runtime package or is there a more elegant
> way?
>

> Without such a capability to add / modify key files pungi can only
> really be used to respin distributions, but not create installation CDs
> used for automated install or appliances. Is this maybe not the
> intention with this tool?
>

> --martin

It been a long time since I had a hard look at pungi.  I do
know that it went from config files to using kickstart.
Maybe you can use the %post functionality of kickstart, not
sure :(.

what version are you using? try using the latest version.
http://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi

Regards

--
Joel Andres Granados