Minimal system created with Pungi

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 19:55:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:41:43 -0400
"Martin Steinmann" <msteinmann at bluesocket.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create a minimal system of F8 rawhide with pungi, where
> anaconda runs in graphics mode (with the X server) during
> installation, but the installed system does not have an X server.
>

> I am using a pungi config file like the one below. It turns out that
> the packages for the X server have to be included so that they can be
> used during stage2 of the install. However, they also end up in the
> RPM repository on the CD. Is there a way to avoid this?

There isn't a good way of avoiding this with the current pungi
codebase.  What would be needed is separation of the packages used to
compose vs the packages /in/ the compose.

A work around would be to do one compose with the graphical packages, a
second compose without the graphical packages and just swap the
repodata and Packages/ directories.

--
Jesse Keating