query: mock + libselinux-mock.so LD_PRELOAD... why?

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Wed Oct 31 06:25:13 UTC 2007

    I need a little bit of help understanding what the
'libselinux-mock.so' LD_PRELOAD was supposed to be doing. I released and
pushed out mock-0.8 without this. I have rebuilt most of rawhide with
this new mock version and have not seen anything that I directly can say
was a failure due to this being missing, so I am sort of not seeing the
point.

    I have searched around as much as I can to try to understand why
this was put into place. From what I can understand, it was only put in
in the FC2 timeframe to fix some problems with the selinux policy on the
host machine. These *appear* to have been fixed in the host selinux
policy, so again, i dont see a reason to keep this around.

    Jesse mentioned on IRC, though, that this might be needed, so I pose
this question. I've a local branch set up with the 0.8.x code and the
LD_PRELOAD put back in. So, I can quickly spin a new release with this
back in if it is actually needed. So far, I havent convinced myself it
is needed, though...

    Could somebody please enlighten me?
--
Michael