mock fix for packages with glib2-devel dependency

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Sep 1 11:00:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:27:11 -0500
Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> wrote:

> Builds in mock on x86_64 fail for packages with buildrequires on
> glib2-devel. Reported on EPEL 5.
>
> The suggested fix is to add glib2-devel/glib-devel to the exclude
> list.
>
> Question: is this something we want to apply for FC6/F7/et al?

I didn't commit that change or put that change up for patch as it's
incomplete.  There are plenty of other packages in the multilib set
that start with gl, and this will be an ever chasing rathole.

Instead I asked Seth to help us come up with a plugin or syntax that
would allow us to include rather than exclude.  There was a long
conversation on IRC about this weeks ago, and the result was a yum
plugin that would do what we want.  Unfortunately we don't have a good
facility to use plugins with mock, and we really need it for other
things as well (like repo priorities to lower bandwidth usage of
koji.fp.o if static-repos are enabled).

I think we need to work on yum plugin support in mock so that we can
fix this properly without continually futzing with regexes to just get
glibc and glibc-devel.

--
Jesse Keating