pungi -P doesn't work Re: No such file or directory: u'/var/tmp/yum-root-O3By9L/anaconda/headers/ifd-egate-0.05-17.i386.hdr'

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Sep 7 08:29:28 UTC 2007

pochi_ken wrote:
> please apply and re-make yum packages (ex: yum-3.2.4-2 -> yum-3.2.4-3)
> And new ISOs made at pungi or revisor.
> You will successfully install at new ISOs.
>
> best regard.

You cannot just go an spin ISOs even if this yum bug gets solved in F7
properly.

Another "fix" in RPM though causes anaconda to go flat on it's face so
you cannot compose images without also excluding the rpm* updated packages.

RPM 4.4.2.1-1.fc7 does not allow packages to be added to the transaction
more then once; it throws an exception and although that exception may
be caught and handled appropriately, anaconda-runtime's pkgorder doesn't
do so (but does add packages to the transaction multiple times).

This (for F7) cannot be fixed, as anaconda and anaconda-runtime will not
get updated in between releases.

Revisor has a way to work around this, but I'm not amused at all we had
to find such work around in the first place.

Apparently, the packages which anaconda depends upon can just break that
compatibility (one way or the other) and get away with it, posing anyone
of us for a number of challenges.

My complete list of excluded updates now is:

exclude=yum yum-updatesd rpm-build rpm-libs rpm rpm-devel rpm-python

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip