mock improvements

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Sep 26 10:19:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:11:12PM -0500, Michael E Brown wrote:

> So here is the list of things that have been requested lately and I'll
> be working on a few of these over the next few weeks. If anybody has any
> input, I'd take it. As I start on each, I'll most likely email the
> mailing list with the outline of what I'm doing.

Maybe you can also look at bug #235141 (nearly 6 months old), about not
removing files with the immutable bit set.  The workaround posted there
works fine, b.t.w., but I'm not sure if this is the ultimate solution.

> 1) more reliable mount/umount
>   several people have pointed out instances where mock exits leaving
>   mounts behind (specifically /dev), and the next invokation of mock
>   ends up 'rm -rf' the host machine's /dev. Bad....

And /dev/pts and /proc.

> 2) caching yum downloads
>   several people have commented that the autocache stuff is great for
>   speeding up builds, others say that it can sometimes be bad for
>   reproducability, and that simply saving the yum cache dir would be
>   better.

Only as an extra option, I assume.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>