Makefile.common change

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Apr 24 02:44:38 UTC 2008

The way we currently check for branches is broken at release time.  everything
that was tagged in devel that was branched for F-9  when you try and build in
koji gets a disttag of .fc10 and fails to build due to a mismatch.  this has
been a minor issue in the past.  but it is a big issue for secondary arch
rampup.

Makefile.common checked for the existence of a branch file which devel does
not have. it is added at branch time.   long term we probably need to add
some logic so that we always have a branch file and check it and fall back to
this method if its not there.  it will help with always being able to
reproduce a srpm.

Since this is somewhat invasive i wanted to run it by people first.  it
worked ok in my testing.

Dennis